Monday, September 26, 2011

Follow the white rabbit...

Anyone who knows me well knows I have had a life long obsession with the tales of Wonderland. As a child I loved to make believe I was Alice running around my yard in poufy dresses with aprons and mary janes quoting lines from the book to imaginary white rabbits (not too far off from what I still do till this day). My first tattoo many moons ago at the age of 19 was of the original illustration of Advice of a Caterpillar, a lithograph by Sir John Tenniel. I've collected various additions of the book over the years, and so on and so forth.
So to my delight I had the opportunity to make 3 metal smithing items with a Mad Tea Party theme that will be displayed in our graduation show in November. I've almost completed them, just working on the finishing touches.
Curiouser and curiouser...



`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

No comments:

Post a Comment